A photo is worth 1000 words, and the International Week 2021 Photo Competition is a great way to share your international experience as a student at Mason! Please submit up to one photo per category. Winners will be announced during the Virtual International Dance Competition on Friday, April 9, 2021. GMU Bookstore gift card prizes will be given to the first and second place winners in each category ($75 and $25 respectively). The top two winners in each category will have their photos displayed on our social media and website!
- My Mason Experience: What is your most memorable experience at George Mason University? Photos submitted should showcase what it means to you to be an international student at George Mason University. (International Students Only)
- My Community: What image encapsulates life around you? Photos submitted should represent your local community or culture and how it relates to issues presented in 2020-2021 (e.g., pandemic repercussions, politics, diversity, and inclusion, other prominent issues in your home country) (Open to All Students)
What's important: What is most important to you right now? Photos submitted should demonstrate your values and what you focus your attention on. (Open to All Students)
My future: How has 2020 inspired you? Photos submitted should demonstrate how you are going to personally change for the better, or your dream for creating a better world. (Open to All Students)
- Only current international students (F-1 or J-1 visas) at Mason may participate in the first category (My Mason Experience).
- Current Mason students of any academic level can participate in categories 2-4.
Photos should have been taken in the last 3 years (2017 - 2021).
- Each submission must include the photo, a title, date taken, location taken, and caption (100 words max).
- Please save each photo entry as “Category_Firstname_Lastname"
- Only one entry per category per person.
Photos will be judged by the following: 1. How well the photo answers the prompt. 2. image quality and technical aspects. 3. Creativity and originality. 4. "wow" factor!
- All entries must have been taken by the submitter who is a current student at Mason. Participants should not be in the photo unless it was also taken by the participant (i.e., selfie).
- The Deadline to submit all photos is Tuesday, March 30th, 2021 at 11:59 pm. Judging of the photos will end Wednesday, April 7th, 2021. Winners will be announced during the Virtual International Dance Competition on Friday, April 9, 2021. Submit your entry HERE!
Submit your Photos HERE!
Read the instructions and then click on the icon:
Answer the following questions:
- Are you a current student enrolled at Mason? (Domestic or International)
- Have you reviewed the four photo categories?
- Have you selected your photo(s)?
If you answered yes to all questions, then you are ready to submit your photos! Click on the icon to get started. Please note that you will have to sign in with your Mason username and password to access the form.