A photo is worth 1000 words, and the 2020 International Photo Competition is a great way to share your experience as an international student at Mason! Please submit up to one photo per category. Winners will be announced during the International Dance Competition during iWeek, on April 2nd, 2020. GMU Bookstore gift card prizes will be given to the first and second place winners in each category ($75 and $25 respectively). The top three winners in each category will have their photo printed and displayed during the Taste Around the World reception (immediately preceding the dance competition).
- My Mason Experience: What is your most memorable experience at George Mason University? Photos submitted should showcase what it means to you to be an international student at George Mason University.
- This is America: What photo encapsulates America? Photos submitted should showcase an American value, location, or experience through the eyes of an international student.
- My Favorite Place in the World: What place on earth do you connect with most? Photos submitted should showcase a specific place or city that has a special meaning to you or symbolizes a significant experience for you.
- My Study Abroad/Travel Experience: What photo summarizes something important you learned during your study abroad program or your favorite travel experience? Photos submitted should demonstrate a moment of cultural/global learning during your study abroad or international travel experience. (Open to International students and returned study abroad participants Students - New Category)
- Only current international students (F-1 or J-1 visas) at Mason may participate in all 4 categories.
- Only Category 4 is open to current Mason students who have participated in a study abroad program.
- Each submission must include the photo, a title, date taken, location taken, and caption (100 words max).
- Please save each photo entry as “Category_Firstname_Lastname"
- Only one entry per category per person.
- All entries must have been taken by the submitter who is a current (international) student at Mason.
- The Deadline to submit all photos is Monday, March 16th, 2020 at 11:59 pm. Judging of the photos will end Tuesday, March 24th, 2020. Winners will be announced during the International Dance Competition on Thursday, April 2nd, 2020. Submit you entry HERE!
Submit your Photos HERE!
Read the instructions and then click on the icon:
Answer the following questions:
- Are you a current international student in F-1 or J-1 status or returned study abroad student enrolled at Mason?
- Have you reviewed the four photo categories?
- Have you selected your photo(s)?
If you answered yes to all questions, then you are ready to submit your photos! Click on the icon to get started. Please note that you will have to sign in with your Mason username and password to access the form.