A photo is worth 1000 words, and the 2018 International Student Photo Competition is a great way to share your experience as an international student at Mason! Please submit up to one photo per category. Winners will be announced during the International Dance Competition during iWeek, on April 12th. Gift card prizes will be given to the overall grand prize winner ($80 gift card to GMU bookstore), and the first place winner in each category ($40 gift card to GMU bookstore).
- My Mason Experience: What is your most memorable experience at George Mason University? Photos submitted should showcase what it means to you to be an international student at George Mason University.
- Exploring Local Cultures: What local cultures and traditions have you experienced since coming to the U.S.? Photos submitted should showcase how you’ve interacted with American people and American culture while being an international student at Mason.
- This is America: What photo encapsulates America? Photos submitted should showcase an American value, location, or experience through the eyes of an international student.
- Only current international students (F-1 or J-1 visas) at Mason may participate.
- Each submission must include the photo, a title, date taken, location taken, and caption (100 words max).
- Please save each photo entry as “Category_Firstname_Lastname"
- Only one entry per category per person.
- All entries must have been taken by the submitter who is a current international student at Mason.
- The deadline to submit all photos is March 31 at 11:59pm. Judging of the photos will end April 5th. Winners will be announced during the International Dance Competition on Thursday, April 12th.
Submit your Photos TODAY!
Read the instructions and then click on the icon:
Answer the following questions:
- Are you a current international student in F-1 or J-1 status enrolled at Mason?
- Have you reviewed the three photo categories?
- Have you selected your photo(s)?
If you answered yes to all questions, then you are ready to submit your photos! Click on the icon to get started. Please note that you will have to sign in with your Mason username and password to access the form.